|Black Skillet Chili Tortilla Bake by Janet Coffield|
Black Skillet Chili Tortilla Bake
Created by Janet Coffield
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1 red onion - diced
- 1/4 c. chili powder or chili season packet
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. garlic - diced
- 1 can black beans - drained & rinsed
- 1 can of whole corn
- 1 can of tomato sauce - 15 oz.
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 - 4 oz. can of green chilies - chopped
- 1 - 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese mix
- 2 - 3 cups of tortilla chips
In a non-stick skillet, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Carefully, drain the excess fat. Add, diced red onion, Chili powder and cumin powder, tomato sauce and garlic.
Layer the crushed or broken tortilla chips covering the bottom of a cast iron skillet. Pour the ground beef mixture with seasoning over the crushed chips. Bake for 25 minutes. Then, remove the skillet and add your favorite shredded cheese, bake 10 minutes until melted.
Garnish with chopped green onions, shredded lettuce and/or sour cream; optional.
Bake 375 F for 25 minutes
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Loving Heart Designs
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs often provides content that has been provided freely to distribute and sometimes includes paid advertisements along with monetary donations.