5/13/2015

Want a healthier breakfast?

Healthy Breakfast

Oatmeal is a great morning pick up! 

Healthier Oatmeal
I use quick oatmeal for my breakfast. Often, I will vary what fruits are included in this recipe. I add bananas, strawberries
 and blueberries when available too.


Fruits & Nuts Oatmeal

Ingredients:

  • Oatmeal (1 serving or 1/2 c.)
  • Ripe spottied yellow Banana (1/2 sliced)
  • Cranberries(1tbsp.)
  • Raisins (1 tbsp.)
  • Apple (1/2 diced)
  • Almond slices (1-2 tbsp.)
  • Brown sugar (1-2 tbsp.)
  • Butter (1 tbsp.)
  • Water 1 c.
  • Cinnamon (1 tsp.)
  • Opt. Flaxseed (2tbsp.)
Begin by adding water, almonds, cinnamon and fruits to a small pot and allow a full boil. Add the Oatmeal and cook on low until done.  This takes a little longer than a minute when adding fruits. I like my oatmeal fruits to be soft textured. Once the oatmeal is cooked serve it with brown sugar and butter. Add your favorite beverages and/or toast. Its so delicious! 

You can omit the brown sugar if you want to cut calories because the ripe banana will add sweetness to this recipe. 

I have not configured the calories. Its an easy and filling breakfast that gets me through the morning without feeling hungry.  Enjoy! 


Janet Coffield
Loving Heart Designs
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs often provides content that has been provided freely to distribute and sometimes includes paid advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Come again ... Have a great day!

Loving Heart Designs
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/