"One of the most influential and heartfelt television series of all time...
After years of waiting, The Wonder Years is back and the wait has
been well worth it."
"The hit TV show finally gets a long-deserved DVD-set release...
The Wonder Years is one of those shows whose legacy has remained untarnished; the series retained a level of consistent quality throughout"
-- Rolling Stone
"The Wonder Years holds up so beautifully in every way...The music, the tone, the message, the nostalgia: Everything remains pitch-perfect."
-- NPR's Fresh Air
|The Wonder Years Season Two|
THIS FEBRUARY, STARVISTA ENTERTAINMENT/
INVITES HOME VIEWERS BACK TO THE 'BURBS FOR THE ACCLAIMED, AWARD-WINNING SECOND SEASON OF "A RARE TV PHENOMENON"
THE WONDER YEARS:
THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON
17 Episodes, Over Two Hours of Incredible, Specially-Produced Bonus Features and More Than Four Dozen Classic Songs as Featured in the Original Broadcast
Street Date: 3 February 2015
DVD SRP: $39.95
For six seasons, the groundbreaking television landmark, THE WONDER YEARS -- named by TV Guide as one of the "Top 20 Shows of the '80s,"--captured the angst of growing up in suburban middle-class America in the late '60s, as seen through the life and times of Kevin Arnold (Fred Savage). Audiences eagerly followed his evolution as a typical teenager who remembered every moment of his transition from childhood with excruciating detail and remarkable hindsight.
In THE WONDER YEARS: THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON, the next retail installment from StarVista Entertainment/Time Life, Kevin confronts the day-to-day pressures of junior high school life: kids don't know what they want, and the girls are just as confused as the boys. On the home front, older brother Wayne (Jason Hervey) continues his bullying ways, but Kevin fights back and grows some backbone. However, his inner strength is tested when he participates in a class walkout to protest the Vietnam War, and joins his pals Paul Pfeiffer (Josh Saviano) and Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) to stop developers from destroying Harper's Woods, the site of many happy childhood memories.
This nostalgia-inducing 4-disc set contains all 17 complete episodes from SEASON TWO in their original broadcast versions, along with over two hours of bonus programming, including in-depth interviews with key cast and featurettes, and over four dozen songs as they were featured in the original broadcasts with classics by Bob Dylan, Carole King, Aretha Franklin, The Temptations, Cream, Bing Crosby, Joni Mitchell, Simon & Garfunkel, Traffic, Diana Ross and the Supremes, James Taylor, Nat King Cole,The Miracles, Judy Collins, Donovan and many others.
- School Days: Roundtable with Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano
- Featurette: The Times They Are A-Changin': The Era
- Interviews with: Dan Lauria (Jack Arnold), Alley Mills (Norma Arnold), Daniel Stern (Narrator)
The Wonder Years DVD Clip: The Cast on the Era
SONG CLEARANCES (BY EPISODE)
"One of the best things about this release is that the distributor went through and secured the rights to ALL of the music in the set, so the show's indelible soundtrack is intact. What better time to welcome Kevin Arnold
and Winnie Cooper back into your home"
-- Albany Times Union
"Heart of Darkness"
- You Make Me Feel So Young
- Sunshine of Your Love-Cream
"Our Miss White"
- Just My Imagination (Running Away with Me)-The Temptations
- The Times They Are A-Changin'-Bob Dylan
- Jingle Bell Rock-Instrumental
- White Christmas-Bing Crosby
- River-Joni Mitchell
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas-Instrumental
"Steady as She Goes"
- Yellow Bird-On-Screen Character Performance
- Somewhere-On-Screen Character Performance
- Ooo Baby Baby-The Miracles
- The Thrill Is Gone-B.B. King
- Will You Love Me -Carole King
"Just between Me and You and Kirk and Paul and Carla and Becky"
- I Am a Rock-Simon & Garfunkel
- Someday We'll Be Together-Diana Ross and the Supremes
- Some Enchanted Evening-On-Screen Character Performance
"Pottery Will Get You Nowhere"
- It's Not Unusual
- When I Fall in Love-Nat King Cole
"Hiroshima, Mon Frère"
- Wild Thing-The Troggs
- Brother, Brother-Carole King
- You've Got a Friend-James Taylor
- Sweet Georgia Brown-Brother Bones
- I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man-Muddy Waters
- The Tracks of My Tears-The Miracles
Rag-Country Joe and the Fish
- Give Peace A Chance-On-Screen Character Performance
- My Girl-The Temptations
- Theme from The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
- Born under a Bad Sign-Cream
- Respect-Aretha Franklin
- Happy, Happy Birthday Baby-The Tune Weavers
- Bookends-Simon & Garfunkel
- Yummy, Yummy, Yummy-On-Screen Character Performance
- Hava Nagila-Karmon Israeli Singers
- Subterranean Homesick Blues-Bob Dylan
- In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-Iron Butterfly
- You Can All Join In-Traffic
- Catch the Wind-Donovan
- Star Flicker-Houston Ramblers
- Turkey In The Straw-Ralph Pierce
- Comin' round the Mountain-The Sundowners Band
"Whose Woods Are These?"
- Happy Days Are Here Again-The Banjo Barons
- In My Life-Judy Collins
"How I'm Spending My Summer Vacation"
- The Theme from "A Summer Place"-Percy Faith and His Orchestra
- Smoke Gets in Your Eyes-The Platters
- Never -The Chordettes
- I Only Have Eyes for You-The Flamingos
- La Vie En Rose-Edith Piaf
- Scarborough Fair/Canticle-Simon & Garfunkel
|The Wonder Years - 1988 ...|
ABOUT THE WONDER YEARS
The Wonder Years debuted in 1988 following ABC's broadcast of Super Bowl XXII, and the affectionate look at growing up in the late '60s and early '70s in suburban America was unlike anything else on television. It was 1968 -- the year of Nixon and space walks and Mod Squad and Vietnam. Enter Kevin Arnold, a sixth grader at Kennedy Junior High School. Set against the suburban backdrop of Anytown, USA, Kevin sought to minimize his teenage angst while dealing with an older, noogie-happy brother Wayne (Jason Hervey), a rebellious sister, Karen (Olivia d'Abo), distant, workaholic father, Jack (Dan Lauria) and doting housewife mother, Norma (Alley Mills). Add to the mix Paul Pfeiffer (Josh Saviano), his nerdy, allergy-riddled best friend, a potential love interest in winsome girl-next-door Winnie Cooper (Danica McKellar) and narration by an older, wiser, wittier Kevin (voiced by Daniel Stern) to add perspective to the nostalgia, and you have the perfect recipe for TV greatness. And, for the next six seasons, America tuned in to follow Kevin's exploits, as he navigated adolescence in the most memorable of ways. From 1988 to 1993, The Wonder Years was one of the most popular shows on TV, achieving a spot in the Nielsen Top 30 for four of its six seasons. And the critical accolades and awards would follow: after only a scant six episodes, the show captured an Emmy® for "Best Comedy Series;" and, at the age of 13, Fred Savage, would become the youngest actor ever nominated as "Outstanding Lead Actor for a Comedy Series." The series would also go on to win 24 awards (and be nominated for 70 more), including multiple Emmy® Awards, a Golden Globe® and, in 1989, a Peabody® Award for pushing the boundaries of the sitcom format and using new modes of storytelling. Additionally, in 1997, "My Father's Office" was ranked #29 on TV Guide's "100 Greatest Episodes of All Time" and in the 2009 list, the pilot episode was ranked #43. Suffice it to say, The Wonder Years was one of the most critically lauded sitcoms of the late 80s and early 90s.
Format: DVD (4 Discs)
Catalog #: 30716-X
Running Time: 520 minutes
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 (1.78.1)
Audio: 5.1 Surround Sound
Language: English with Closed Captioning
My family and I received a complimentary copy of The Wonder Years: Season Two through Foundry Communications sponsored by StarVista Entertainment/Time Life.
I was thrilled to share The Wonder Years: Season Two with my younger children. The second series arrived just before the celebrated birthday of Martin Luther King Jr. We were able to include a discussion about Rev. Martin Luther King Jr as part of our homeschool social studies lesson with the showing of Season 2, Episode 2 called Our Miss White. This show featured Miss White's play production about the civil rights for her 7th grader class. Kevin reluctantly participates but agrees because he has a crush on her. It was a wonderful show which opens up great discussion time for families with so many topics about history, love and more. This set is filled with amply bonus features with over two hours of enjoyment.
Be sure to get caught up with the series by purchasing copies of both The Wonder Years: Season One and The Wonder Years: Season Two. It is a great collection for family home libraries or the movie collector.
Loving Heart Designs
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs often provides content that has been provided freely to distribute and sometimes includes paid advertisements.