10/29/2013

Cooking Bloopers: Chicken Pot Pie Casserole

 Cooking Bloopers: 

 
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole - Loving Heart Designs


Chicken Pot Pie Casserole

Today, I opened two cans for the Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. First, the mixed vegetables and a can of Swanson's Chicken Broth. I accidentally poured the whole can of chicken broth down the drain because I thought I was draining the mixed vegetables.(check label not photo of veggies) Blah! Well, I immediately ran to the freezer to grab a pint of frozen chicken broth to replace my blooper. I defrosted it in the microwave before adding to the dish. lol

Here is the recipe I am making for supper tonight: Mr. Food Test Kitchen's Chicken Pot Pie Casserole.  I tweaked this recipe for our needs. I added a can of sliced carrots and whole kernel corn. I added whole frozen chicken breast diced into small cubes as well.

The recipe below is my variation of Mr. Food's Test Kitchen recipe.  Enjoy!



Chicken Pot Pie Casserole

Chicken Pot Pie Casserole:

  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks or smaller
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can mixed vegetables 
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can sliced carrots
  • 1 (14.5 oz) can whole kernel corn 
  • 1 (10.5 oz) cups chicken broth   
  • 1 (10.5 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup  (do not add water) 
  • 2 cups biscuit baking mix   
  • 1 1/2 cups milk   
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted

Baking Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9" x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.   
In a mixing bowl, combine chicken chunks, vegetables, chicken broth, and soup; mix well. Spoon into prepared baking dish.   
In a medium bowl, whisk biscuit baking mix, milk, and butter until smooth then spoon over the  top of the chicken mixture.
   
Bake 60 to 65 minutes, or until no pink remains in chicken and topping is golden.

Serves 6.
Cooking time: Approx. 1 hour

Note: The vegetable and soup can sizes may vary depending on your particular brand. (14.5 oz. to 15 oz.)  I set my oven to 375 due to it being an old oven and takes longer to bake.

Thank you,
~GAhome2mom
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs often reviews products that have been provided for free.
Thank you. Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment


Come again ... Have a great day!

Loving Heart Designs
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/