|Southern Peach Cobbler by Janet Coffield ©2013|
- 1 Quarts or 5 Medium Peaches - wash, peeled & sliced
- 3/4 cup of Self-Rising Flour
- 3/4 cup of Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 stick or 6 Tbsp of Butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
1. Melt 6 Tbsp. of butter or margarine and pour it into the baking dish.
2. Wash, peel and slice the peaches - discard the seeds.
3. Toss the peaches gently with cinnamon, vanilla and 1/4 cup of sugar. Set aside.
4. Mix flour, sugar and milk - pour on top of the melted butter.
5. Do not stir but place the sliced peaches over the mixture.
6. Bake at 325 f. for about 35 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
7. Serve hot or cold with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
8. I usually add a sprinkle of cinnamon for decoration on top during baking.
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs - GAhome2mom took the photos for Southern Peach Cobbler. ©2013