|Homemade Tomato Sauce ©2013|
Homemade Tomato Sauce
(Salsa di Pomodoro)
- 4 lbs. ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley
- salt & pepper
1. Chop tomatoes and cook in a large saucepan for about 10 minutes or until tomatoes are softened.
2. Puree in an electric blender.
3. Saute the garlic in the olive oil for about five minutes.
4. Add diced carrots, sugar, parsley, basil, and tomato puree. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
5. Cook, uncovered over low heat for about an 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally.
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs does not allow photo sharing or sales of images posted by GAhome2mom(Janet Coffield). This recipe was modified from Wonderful Ways to Prepare Italian Food Cookbook by Jo Ann Shirley.