Makes 6 to8 servings
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lbs chicken breast(skinless & boneless, cubed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 chive, chopped
- 1 can light or dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 4 cups or 28 oz can of tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard chili onion mix(opt)
- 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup(2 oz) shredded Cheddar cheese
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet and cook the chicken until no longer pink on medium high heat. Add to the cooked chicken - bell peppers and onion. Onion should be cooked until transparency is exposed.
Add all the other ingredients, except the Cheddar cheese to a crock-pot. Stir the mixture and put on low heat for 6 to 8 hours.
Serve hot Crock-pot Chicken Chili by topping with some Cheddar cheese and a few saltine crackers on the side, if you would like.
Hint: I used garden fresh tomatoes. I simply washed them and chopped them up. I doubled this recipe since it's a favorite at our home.
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs often reviews products that have been provided for free.