|Hearty Red Beans & Rice- Click Image to View Larger|
- 1/2 - green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 - red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 - yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 - onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. celery, chopped
- 2 T. dried parsley
- 4 slices of bacon, crisply cooked and
- crumbled, reserve drippings
- 13.5-oz Johnsonville Polish Kielbasa Sausage, sliced
- 2 (15-oz.) cans light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can Swanson's Chicken Broth
- 6-oz. can Hunt's tomato paste
- 2 T. catchup
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 1\2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 3 c. cooked white rice
Saute green, red and yellow peppers, onion, celery and parsley in the bacon drippings
in a non-stick skillet over medium heat until tender.
Stir in the bacon, sausage and next six ingredients. Reduce the heat, cover
and simmer for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally. Serve with cooked rice.
Serves about 6.
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs often reviews products that have been provided for free. Modified recipe from Gooseberry Patch Family Favorite Recipes Published by Oxmoor House
p. 119 hearty red beans & rice by Kerry Mayer of Densham Springs, LA