11/01/2010

Seventh GenerationTM

Seventh GenerationTM
Seventh GenerationTM

As a mom, you already do so much to protect your family- buckling seatbelts, cooking healthy meals and requiring bike helmets. But did you know that the laundry detergent you may be using could contain little-known chemicals called optical brighteners?


According to scientific research, these can cause allergic reactions, are toxic to small fish and other aquatic life, and can pollute your waterways.
When ultraviolet light hits optical brighteners coating your clothing, the brighteners convert UV rays into visible light to create an optical illusion. This tricks the eye into thinking the clothing is whiter and brighter, and therefore cleaner than it really is.

So how can you avoid these optical brighteners? Seventh Generation makes it easy because their laundry detergents are not only free of optical brighteners, but they´re also non-toxic . In addition, because Seventh Generation liquid laundry detergents are both hypo-allergenic and biodegradable, you can rest easy knowing you made a considerate choice for your family and the environment. We invite you to take part in this Spark and conduct your own experiment to see the difference between your current laundry detergent and Seventh Generation laundry detergent.

When washed in a conventional laundry detergent that contains optical brighteners, clothes appear to glow under a black light. When you use Seventh Generation liquid laundry products, you won´t see the same glow on your clothing.

Take a look at our experiment in the photo below. We took two identical organic cotton shirts and washed one in a conventional laundry detergent that contains optical brighteners and the other in Seventh Generation laundry detergent which does not use optical brighteners; we think you´ll see similar results!

Conventional Laundry Detergent vs/Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent


Each of you can click here to save $1 on the purchase of any Seventh Generation Laundry Product.

Seventh GenerationTM Laundry Products


For more information about Seventh Generation laundry products, please visit www.seventhgeneration.com/no-glow, or sign up for their newsletter at http://www.seventhgeneration.com/community. Be sure to visit Seventh Generation on Facebook and on Twitter to "Like" and "Follow", so that you can keep up with the latest news from Seventh Generation.



My Thoughts

I washed a load of my whites with Seventh GenerationTM laundry soap and compared it with the t-shirt that was provided to me for this review but I could not get a good photo shot with my camera. I posted their photo test results above along with information from Seventh GenerationTM provided by MyBlogSpark about their laundry products.  I have learned a lot from visiting the Seventh GenerationTM website. I would like to encourage you to drop by their site and see what they have to offer.



Contest Time:(Ended)
One of our readers will win Seventh Generation laundry products. Leave a comment sharing how you have or plan to adjust your laundry practices to protect your family and the environment and/or you can tell us your favorite tip for keeping your family healthy at home. Please leave your name and email with the main comment. Thank you.

Congratulations to #5 Tristatecruisers! ( tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com )




This contest was made possible by Seventh Generation through MyBlogSpark. This contest will run from November 01, 2010 to November 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be contacted by email and has 48 hours to reply with information that will be shared with our sponsor. The sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize to our winner. This contest is open to the US and adults ages 18 and over. Thank you.




I Like Prizey - View this giveaway at Prizey


~GAhome2mom
 http://www.lovingheartdesigns.com/
Disclaimer:  The information above was provided by Seventh Generation throught MyBlogSpark and a free Seventh Generation Generation Optical Brightener Discovery Kit  with laundry products. Thank you.

63 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hang laundry outside and use as much cold water loads as possible :)To keep my family healthy, i disinfect everything :)

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i learned that Optical Brightners are just a trick to the eye and your clothes really aren't as clean as you think they are. :)

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i learned that optical brighteners are just a trick to the eye and your clothes aren't as clean as you think they are. :) entry 2

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. another tip is to buy orange juice, milk and vitamins to keep your family healthy. :)

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. subscribe via e-mail :)

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. follow via GFC :)

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. follow seventh generation of FB :)

    marci
    tristatecruisers at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wash most of my laundry in cold water. I unplugged my dryer and I now line dry. I did this to save energy. To be healthy I keep my home clean.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched the video and learned:

    Seventh Generation does not use Optical Brighteners in their laundry detergent.

    Seventh Generation believes real clean should not be an optical illusion.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another tip: Eat wholesome fresh Organic food to stay healthy.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I follow SeventhGen on Twitter - Janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like Seventh Generation on FB - Janet Fri

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow you on NB - Janet Fri

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I follow your blog - janetfaye

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use cloth diapers on my babies and let them air dry to conserve energy as well as prolong the life of my diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. posted on FB :)

    yharper70 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. watched video...Don't believe everything you see...We shouldn't be Glowing! :)

    yharper70 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  19. we keep healthy by Hand Washing & cleaning our home daily

    yharper70 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  20. follow you on FB\\

    yharper70 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am email subscribed.

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm going to line dry our clothes whenever possible.
    katiekarr at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. 1. I shared on FB:
    http://www.facebook.com/janetfaye/posts/158612727509332

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  24. 2. I shared on FB:
    http://www.facebook.com/janetfaye/posts/158612727509332

    janetfaye (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I plan on doing as much laundry in cold water as i can and use less water then REALLY needed and use Seventh Generation if i win lol

    pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  26. I learned about Optical Brighteners and that they aren't biodegradable and if you want to learn more you can go to www.seventhgeneration.com/noglow

    pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another way I am going to keep my family healthy is to eat healthy and to make sure we wash our hands more or use hand sanitizers

    pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. google friend

    pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. subscriber via e-mail

    pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have been adjusting our laundry practices by using cold water whenever possible and always use "green" laundry detergent
    copperllama at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  31. another tip to keep healthy is to build up your immune system with lots of greens, yogurt and fruit
    copperllama at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  32. follow Seventh Generation on Twitter
    @copperllama
    copperllama at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  33. follow on twitter
    @copperllama
    tweet
    http://twitter.com/Copperllama/status/2038596747919361
    copperllama at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  34. networked blogs follower
    copperllama at yahoo dot com
    http://copperllamastudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. google friend follower
    copperllama at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  36. google rss feed subscriber
    copperllama at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  37. I wash most of my laundry in cold water and line dry what I can. I also use eco-friendly detergents so it would be awesome to add some Seventh Generation products to my laundry room! aitmama {{at}} gmail {{tod}} com

    ReplyDelete
  38. We wash hands frequently to keep germs at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  39. https://twitter.com/aitmama/status/2743379452502016

    ReplyDelete
  40. We take a daily vitamin to help keep healthy and have hand sanitizer in every room

    ReplyDelete
  41. I hang my laundry outside.

    Alexandra W.

    A.Wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am a Seventh Generation fan on Facebook.

    Alexandra W.

    a.wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Right now I make my own laundry detergent out of washing soda and borax and a few other ingredients, because I'm not happy with the products on the market. I'd love to try Seventh Generation!

    coriwestphal at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I follow SeventhGen on Twitter @coriwestphal

    coriwestphal at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow you on Twitter @coriwestphal
    Tweet: http://twitter.com/coriwestphal/statuses/3631820205719552

    coriwestphal at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I follow via FB Networked Blogs: Cori Eckstrom Westphal

    coriwestphal at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm a Google Friend (follower): Cori Westphal

    coriwestphal at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm an email subscriber, coriwestphal at msn dot com.

    coriwestphal at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Rather than use the dryer, I plan on hanging more of my clothes outside to dry.

    a.wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I keep my family healthy by reminding them to frequently wash their hands.

    a.wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  51. I follow Seventh Generation on Twitter.

    @VivaRedViva

    a.wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I liked Seventh Generation on Facebook.

    Alexandra W.

    a.wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I left a comment of Seventh Generation's Facebook page.

    http://www.facebook.com/SeventhGeneration/posts/452992846572

    a.wright7 [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  54. We wash our laundry in cold water and hang dry it. This also seems to help our clothing last longer. To keep my family healthy at home we disinfect everything regularly and take our vitamins. Thanks for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Following Seventh Generation on twitter: hillfam2005

    ReplyDelete