Green Reading List
Celebrate Earth Day April 22, 2010
A great way to incorporate green thinking in our children is to offer them books on their reading level to encourage an Eco-friendly consciousness. Why not check out these titles sponsored by Lockheed Martin and National Environmental Education Week :
- The Berenstain Bears Don’t Pollute (Anymore) by Stan & Jan Berenstain
- The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- The Giving Tree by Shell Silverstein
- Pee Wee and the Magical Compost Heap by Larraine Roulston
- A Day in the Salt Marsh by Kevin Kurtz
- Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin
- The Dragon and the Unicorn by Lynne Cherry
- Forests for All by Melanie Richardson Dundy
To view the full list of books, which includes elementary, middle and high school reading lists, visit National Environmental Education Week. There is also a list for educators. For more suggestions, visit Children's Environmental Literature Biography(PDF).
National Environmental Education Week can be found on Twitter and Facebook.
Disclaimer: Loving Heart Designs did not receive compensation for publishing this review.