3/13/2009

Blog Swing! A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts

A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts



I'm so thrilled to be a part of the Wii Mommies Blog Swing and guest posting here at Loving Heart Designs! I love making new friends so this is right up my alley. :-)

A little bit about me:

I'm Lindsey, a happily married Christian WAHM to my sweet (if I do say so myself) 10-month-old daughter, Emma. I decided I had to have a Wii Fit when I came across the Wii Mommies blogs and was so impressed and motivated by Julie's weight loss story! My husband and I got ourselves a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas this last year and ever since then it's just been too much fun! I've lost most of my post-pregnancy weight and love that I can keep myself fit using a game like this. It's simply inspired!

Getting (and STAYING) Motivated

I just want to share some of the things that have helped me stay motivated to work out on the Wii Fit - it has NOT been easy. I have my ups and downs, and things that set me back in my routine, of course. But it's nice to have motivators to fall back on.

♥ Get involved with a support group (I can definitely recommend the Wii Mommies, I love them! And it's not just for mommies either... even daddies have joined!) and stay involved!

The Wii Mommies have a forum so we can all interact. Sometimes I forget to check and see what's going on and what scores people are making on the workouts. It's amazing how that little bit of competition gets you motivated! You should have seen me during the Wii Olympics - that was SO much fun (and I won a cool Wii Fit tote bag, too!)!

♥ Try to keep to your workout routine.

Okay, this is the hardest for me. Seriously, I have to get up prettttty early in the morning to be up before my baby awakens and then she's so clingy! And I swear she has radar. No matter how quiet I'm being, she KNOWS when mommy is up and about. Still, I've found that I feel so much better about myself when I keep exercising, whether I feel like it at first or not. Listen to me using my sweet, angelic baby girl as an excuse not to exercise! Shame on me!





♥ Make sure everyone in your family knows that you need time to work out.

It can be hard what with kids asking for their turn (or babies crying), chores needing to be done, dinner on the stove... it's okay to ask for a little help! I need to practice what I'm preaching here and ask my husband to help with the baby once in awhile. :-) Losing weight and keeping fit is so important to feeling good and maintaining energy - this should be important enough for everyone to chip in and help out with! (Cuz when momma ain't happy...)

♥ Find something that helps you feel energized!

For me, it's peppermint oil! It smells so good and fresh and when I put it on my neck below my hairline it somehow helps me feel less stressed and more focused. I highly recommend it (for headaches, too). Some mornings it's so hard to get going, and this helps me. Coffee helps me, too - but I don't recommend you do what I did and drink a lot right before doing the ten-minute hula hoop workout. Can you say CRAMPS? Yow!

This is the peppermint oil I use, from Young Living. They recommend you "Inhale Peppermint oil before and during a workout to boost your mood and reduce fatigue." I like applying it, though, because I can feel it (it tingles a bit) and the scent stays with you.

So, how do you "energize" before a workout?




Wii Mommies Cool Guide




"Get Lucky" with #Wiimoms Twitter Party and Win Prizes:

1. Sarah at Real Life Blog is giving away a copy of Wii Ski Game and a Wii Sports accessory pack. ~Winner Gahome2mom~ :) (ME) Thanks!!!

2. Cynthia at Good Enough Witch is giving away Jillian Michael's Fitness Ultimatum and a Wii Remote dual charge station. ~ Winner Andreah~ :)

3. Julie at Cool Mom Guide has a My Fitness Coach and a Wii Sports accessory pack. Winner ~shawnmh~

4. Jenn at The Coupon Coup will be giving away a copy of Nintendo's Dance, Dance Revolution: Hottest Party 2... including a Dance Pad AND a Wii Fit Silicone cover during the "Get Lucky" with #Wiimoms Twitter Party all from our great friends at AceBeach!

5. Also, register to win the GRAND PRIZE of a Wii Fit, Wii Fit Silicone Cover and Battery Pack from AceBeach.com from the Wii Mommies at the Cool Mom Guide to Fitenss. Winner ~Kindred_spirit~

Notice: This post is for the Wii Mommies contest. Lindsey is a guest poster at Loving Heart Designs. :) If you would like to leave comments you may do so, but may I recommend you visit her blog. Please click her button at the top of this post. (A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts) Thank you for sharing and come join in the fun at Wii Mommies.

Also, a special thank you to our Twitter Party Sponsor AceBeach.com for the giveaway prizes. Use the code "wiimoms" and receive $10 off your AceBeach.com order of $100 or more. Great deal!

5 comments:

  1. keep up the great work...and thanks for the tips! I think I stay energized because my son is normally doing the stuff along side of me. I found I should exercise before dinner sometime and that is normally when I feel the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, Miss Kindred Spirit!!

    And a question for Miss Gahome2mom - why is your daughter's name "Sum Sum"? (Sum Sum is Chinese for "your daddy's little brother's wife"...or "auntie" for short)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sum Sum is short for Summer. :) My mother-in-law is Japanese though. lol And, Sum Sum is a lil' Auntie. She is my youngest child at 3 years old. She is the aunt to 4 of my grandchildren. (2 boys/2 girls) So I guess she is a lil' Auntie. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're truly an inspiration in this group! I'm so proud of all of you who are succeeding and getting fit! I think you might also quailfy for another Loxley print, you get to choose one if you lost 5% of your body weight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your idea for peppermint oil. I'm used to doling out lavendar oil to my oldest DD who gets stressed easily. Thanks for reminding me that perppermint oil is a pick-me up. I'm going to pull out my bottle of it and set it out front and center for awhile.

    ReplyDelete


Come again ... Have a great day!

Loving Heart Designs
http://lovingheartdesigns.blogspot.com/